Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT" Hmmmmm

"The customer is always right" is the worst statement ever imagined and some people believe it to the fullest. Now if you have a valet complaint and talk reasonable to a sales clerk then maybe this statement holds some value. But when you are dead wrong and constantly yelling and gesturing it will get you sent right out the door if you are dealing with some one like myself. Scenario: I am the office manager at a tire/automotive shop. I have a customer who is buying (4) used tires. He asked for the price on all four i give him that price. He asked does that include balancing I reply yes. So then he asked how much without me getting them balanced, I tell him you will save about thirty bucks but I would not recommend it because balancing your tires keep you from having shaking or vibrating in your steering wheel. He says OK but he does NOT want them balance. Two days later customer returns and says he is feeling vibration in the tires. (DUHHHHHH! I told you that you would the day before) So i asked him if he would like to get the tires balanced. Yes he says so we balanced the tires. When we are finish with the automobile, I go to ring him up and he looks at me funny and said  'I JUST BOUGHT THE TIRES 2 DAYS AGO AND THEY WEREN'T BALANCED, SHOULDN'T THIS BE FREE?"  I look at him ( restraining myself from giving him a dumb slap) and say no sir remember the other day you didn't want the tires balanced. You wanted to save thirty dollars. " WELL IF YOU WOULD HAVE TOLD ME IT WOULD BE THAT MUCH VIBRATION I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN IT DONE. I SHOULD GET SOME KIND OF DISCOUNT IS YOUR MANAGER HERE?' This is when I really love my job.... Yes sir, I reply, you are talking to her....LOOK ON HIS FACE....PRICELESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment